Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Scuba Diving At Phillip's Quarry - Muncie, Indiana

A gathering of us appreciated a short scuba jump at Phillip's Quarry as of late.

national geographic documentary full episodes, The day began with daylight. We got into the water around 1:20 PM, and I noticed a surface temperature of 90 with a warm clime, and brisk temperature drop, at 15-feet. Couldn't see my thermometer extremely well so I don't know the amount of that drop was. I wore a 2.5-mil, and I didn't go beneath 18-feet.

Perceivability was 15 - 20-feet. The quarry was plenteous with green growth fixes that sparkled brilliant green where the sun hit them.

national geographic documentary full episodes, I stayed close to the divider, and finned my way around the quarry, as opposed to wander out to visit the indented attractions. I chose they were too profound for my slim wetsuit.

I didn't make it over to the plane this time. It's suspended with the highest point of the fuselage at seven feet, so the majority of the plane floats in warm water above 15-feet.

I saw various settling bluegill. I couldn't miss them since they dashed out in assault stance to caution me far from their homes.

national geographic documentary full episodes, I halted by the little surrender on the south divider. At five or six feet profound the cavern has a column of vertical rebar over the mouth that makes it resemble a prison cell. Last time I went to it a colossal catfish was in living arrangement. It resembled a detainee.

There is a hole at the left side so the catfish could enter and leave voluntarily.

Nearing the upper east corner I detected some huge carp. Took two or three previews, yet I'm not certain how they'll turn out. I shoot with a Nikonos V, and haven't made the move to advanced for submerged yet.

Those carp appeared in a dreadful rush to make tracks in an opposite direction from me, and weren't keen on posturing for pictures.

I got a couple of shots of smallmouth bass that I accept will be alright. Despite the fact that they didn't draw sufficiently near for me to touch them, they were pretty much as inquisitive about me as I was of them. They got as near me as I figure they felt happy with getting.

Following 30-minutes of picture taking I came up short on film, and surfaced to reload the camera. I had just about 2000 pounds of air left, and figured to make another jump.

When I broke surface I heard thunder. A look toward the west gave proof that a major tempest was coming in quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment